Ex-UFC fighter suspended 18 months for positive cocaine test, warned he could be banned for life with 1 more offense

· Yahoo Sports

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - AUGUST 08: Justin Jaynes prepares to fight Gavin Tucker of Canada in their featherweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at UFC APEX on August 08, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC)

Ex-UFC fighter Justin Jaynes was suspended for 18 months by the Nevada Athletic Commission following a positive drug test after his most recent fight in October 2025.

On Wednesday during a monthly meeting, the commission voted and approved an adjudication agreement after Jaynes tested positive for the cocaine metabolite benzoylecgonine following a win in Tuff-N-Uff.

Visit milkshakeslot.lat for more information.

As part of the agreement, Jaynes was suspended for 18 months and he won’t be eligible to compete again until after April 24, 2027. He was also fined $200 — which was 40 percent of his fight purse — along with $250.60 in prosecution fees.

It was noted during the hearing that this is Jaynes’ third anti-doping offense, which led to Nevada Athletic Commission chairman Dallas Haun proposing a much stiffer penalty should he ever test positive for a banned substance again.

“I have a problem, the third drug offense,” Haun said during the meeting. “The proposed adjudication agreement I think is fine, but I think we need to add that if Mr. Jaynes comes back for any drug-related [offense] then he will be barred from the state of Nevada permanently, would be my input.”  

The commissioners attending the meeting all agreed with the proposal and Nevada Deputy Attorney General Matthew Feeley said he would pass along the message to Jaynes along with word of his suspension and fines being approved.

Jaynes’ win from that fight still stands.

A five-time veteran in the UFC, Jaynes joined the promotion back in 2020 and scored a stunning first-round knockout in his debut. That ultimately served as his only victory in the octagon after Jaynes suffered four consecutive losses in a row before he was removed from the roster.

Since then, Jaynes has gone 2-2 in MMA with one additional loss in a bare-knuckle fight in 2025.

He now has to wait until 2027 to compete again following his suspension from the Nevada Athletic Commission.  

Read full story at source